Dare to Dance for a Difference
Student Led Showcase and Scholarship Fundraiser
Dare to Dance is a student led showcase. All profits from ticket sales and entry fees go to an Elite Scholarship Fund and also to our Cash for Classrooms program to benefit local schools. Dancers, show off your skills and help the community, too! *FAQ below.
- Dare to Dance Participation Opens: Thursday, March 1st, 2018
- Tickets on sale: Monday, April 2nd, 2018
- Show Date: Sunday, May 12th, 2018
1. Do I have to be on a Team to Apply?
- No! We encourage ALL brave and budding dancers and choreographers to apply!
2. Do I have to take a class at Elite to Participate in Dare to Dance?
- Applicants must be students at Elite in some capacity - Registered or Punch Card Students Welcome
- Applicants can invite non-Elite students to be a part of their routine (Duo, Trio or Group Dances)
3. When will I find out if I am in the Show?
- Applications will be reviewed weekly.
- Spots are filled on a first come, first served basis
- Routines must be age appropriate
- Music must be clean and age appropriate
4. Are there Age or Level Requirements?
- Applicants must be at least 6 years old
- There are no Level Requirements
5. How many dances are chosen?
- We will decide based on length of routines entered so the show is not too long. There will be approximately 30-35 routines.
6. How many dances can I participate in? Is there a limit?
- Each dancer can participate in ONE SOLO and ONE DUO/TRIO
- Each dancer can participate in unlimited group numbers
- Each choreographer entry can submit up to THREE routine applications and can dance in any or all of their entries (and/or a solo, duo or trio as stated above)
7. Can I enter with my solo from competition?
- Yes! Elite dancers may perform their competition solos, duos or trios at Dare to Dance. Please note: competition pieces do NOT need approval for their music or costume (as that has previously been approved by Elite staff). Participants in this situation will just need to submit their cut music to Miss Meghan at email@example.com.
8. When is the DEADLINE to apply?
- Applications begin March 1st. Deadline to apply is April 1st. (Reminder: Applications will be taken in the order they are received. We are accepting a total of 30-35 routines. In the event that spaces fill prior to April 1st, applications will close at that time.)
9. When is the Show?
10. How Long is the Show?
- Our show will run approximately two hours, including a ten minute intermission.
11. How do I get tickets?
- Tickets will be available at the front desk and at the door. There will be no online sales for this event.
12. How much do tickets cost?
- Tickets are available for a donation of $5 (added donations are welcomed as well). All proceeds will benefit our Elite Dance Academy Scholarships and our Cash for Classrooms program which benefits local schools.
13. Will there be a Dress Rehearsal?
- No, there will not be a dress rehearsal.
14. How do I book Studio time for my Routine and Pay for Rental?
- Our front desk is happy to assist you! Please call 303-466-8626 or come in to reserve your space and time.
15. Can I use whatever music, costume, prop, etc that I want?
- Music must be clean and age appropriate
- Costumes must be age appropriate
- Props cannot be dangerous or damaging (eg., fire, water, live animals, etc)
- Get creative or just dance your heart out!! Either way, you win! :)
- All cut music, costume choices and props must be submitted by the deadline: TBD
16. How much does it cost to participate?
- Each applicant pays a $10 fee to apply
- $50 per dancer for a Solo, Duo or Trio entry
- $100 choreographer fee for a Choreography entry
- $25 per dancer for participation in a student choreography entry
- Studio Rental for practices: $10 per hour, per dancer for choreography entries
- Dancer chooses her own costume and prop (with approval) - no charge from Elite
17. Where does the money go?
- To our Community!
- Part of the proceeds will go to our Elite Scholarship Program to assist dancers in need. (Applications for scholarship money began in June of 2016.)
- Cash for Classrooms! Elite students will be able to submit applications to request funds for their school classrooms and/or programs! (Applications began in June of 2016.)